Our newest submission category, book-length creative nonfiction, will be accepted throughout the months of May and June. We’re looking for manuscripts of creative nonfiction, essays, experimental, mixed-genre, and multi-genre work between 70 and 120 pages in length. Include contact information and a brief artistic biography with publication history. All submissions are accepted through Submittable.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but notify NRP immediately of acceptance elsewhere. If you fail to give such notification and your manuscript is selected, your entry gives NRP permission to proceed with publication.
- Please include acknowledgements of individual pieces previously published in magazines, anthologies, or elsewhere.
- You may submit more than one manuscript, but only if there is NO overlap in content.
- Manuscript pages must be numbered.
- All of the material included in your submission must be of your own composition and free from copyright restrictions. Should you be selected for publication, you will be responsible for securing releases.
If selected for publication, author(s) will receive:
- Standard publishing contract with royalties
- 25 author copies and an author discount on further copies
- Travel funding to visit Minnesota State University Moorhead campus to give a reading and/or a master class on craft of writing or the manuscript’s subject matter
Nonfiction submissions accepted May 1–June 30